The University of the Philippines (UP) and Public-Private Partnership (PPP) Center, with the support of Sycip Gorres Velayo & Co. (SGV) through the Project Monitoring and Development Facility, is developing the UPLB Agro-Industrial and Information Technology Parks (the “Project”). The Project involves the development of an Agro-Industrial Park (AIP) and Information Technology Park (ITP) through the establishment of a world-class academic, research, and community support facilities which would enable the conduct of collaboration, scholarly exchanges, and scientific innovation.
As part of the project development activities, UP is conducting a market sounding webinar to solicit insights and feedback on the project terms from interested private sector investors. This activity will be held on June 7, 2021, 10:00am to 11:30am and is facilitated through online event platform, Microsoft (MS) Teams.
The objectives of the market sounding activity are as follows:
- Provide a brief background and envisioned scope of the Project to the potential private sector participants;
- Gauge the interest of the private sector to partner with UP for undertaking the Project as a PPP;
- Determine the level of interest, capability, and experience of the private sector (including lenders) to undertake the Project;
- Identify potential issues or problems that may affect the Project, particularly its viability;
- Obtain insights from the private sector, including developers, locators, operators, lending and banking institutions, on how to make the Project more attractive and bankable; and
- Understand key considerations of the private sector regarding their potential involvement in the Project in partnership with UP.
For those interested to participate in the market sounding activity, please sign-up by clicking the Registration Form link below:
By signing up to participate, you will be able to receive another invite containing the link to the webinar proper. All information provided herein shall be kept private and confidential by the PPP Center and shall be used solely for legal purposes as mandated by the Data Privacy Act and other relevant laws.Contact Information:
MS. JANELLA B. SANTIAGO
Project Development Officer, Project Development Service
Public-Private Partnership Center
MR. MARK ADRIAN S. ASINAS
Senior Director, Strategy and Transactions
SyCip, Gorres, Velayo & Co. (SGV & Co.)