By virtue of the Executive Order No. 8 series of 2010, the Public-Private Partnership (PPP) Center is mandated to facilitate the implementation of the country’s PPP Program and Projects.
Under the Aquino Presidency, the PPP Program is a cornerstone strategy for national development aimed at accelerating infrastructure and other development services, in order to sustain national economic growth.
The PPP Center provides technical assistance to national government agencies (NGAs), government-owned-and controlled corporations (GOCCs), state universities and colleges (SUCs), and local government agencies (LGUs) as well as to the private sector to help develop and implement critical infrastructure and other development projects.
1. ¬†Conduct project facilitation and assistance to the national implementing agencies, including government corporations, and Local Government Units (LGUs) in addressing impediments or bottlenecks in the implementation of PPP programs and projects;
2. ¬†Provide advisory services, technical assistance, trainings and capacity development to agencies/LGUs in PPP project preparation and development;
3. ¬†Recommend plans, policies and implementation guidelines related to PPP in consultation with appropriate oversight committees, implementing agencies, LGUs and the private sectors;
4. ¬†Manage and administer a revolving fund to be known as the Project Development and Monitoring Facility for the preparation of business case, pre-feasibility and feasibility studies and tender documents of PPP programs and projects;
5. ¬†Monitor and facilitate the implementation of the priority PPP programs and projects of the agencies/LGUs which shall be formulated by respective agencies/LGUs in coordination with the NEDA Secretariat;
6. ¬†Establish and manage a central database system of PPP Program and Projects;
7. ¬†Recommend improvements to timelines in processing PPP programs and project proposals, and monitor compliance of all agencies/LGUs;
8. ¬†Prepare reports on the implementation of the PPP programs and projects of the government for submission to the President at the end of each year; and,
9. ¬†Perform such other functions which may be critical in expediting and implementing effectively the PPP Programs and Projects of the Government.